Visiting the Parklands
Now that there are clearer guidelines after Sunday’s (May 10th) announcement we wanted to invite you to come and enjoy Matara’s parklands & woods. In these physical distancing times it is even more vital to get outside to escape, relax and refresh.
As always, there is no charge for visiting the grounds of Matara. We do ask that you book a visiting time and adhere to the following rules to help us maintain a safe environment for all visitors.
Here are a few formalities that we have to make you aware of
- Book by appointment, although you are free to wander at your leisure we need to be able to monitor how many people are on site you will be allowed 2 hours from the time you book. Please use the booking form below to secure your arrival time.
- Maintain social distancing – please ensure you maintain 2m distance with anyone outside of your family during your visit, in particular in the car park, this shouldn’t be hard as there is plenty of space to enjoy.
- Toilets will be available, please follow all the guidelines posted in the washrooms. If there is someone else in there please respect social distancing and remain outside until they leave.
- If you wish to bring a picnic please ensure all rubbish is taken home with you.
- Any dogs must be on leads at all times.
- Please stay in the parklands and woodlands, avoiding the courtyards.
Thanks for your understanding, we look forward to seeing you from a distance.
PLEASE NOTE IF THE DAY IS BLOCKED IN RED MATARA IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC FOR THAT DAY.